Lead mechanic for building Bristol Bicycles
We are seeking to recruit a new mechanic to join our team of five. This in a varied role, split between building new bikes for sale, and servicing and repairing customers’ bikes of all kinds.
You will spend half your time building all types of new Bristol Bicycles including hybrids, touring bikes, E-bikes and adventure bikes.
The other half of the role is servicing and repairing a wide variety of customers’ bikes of all kinds.
|Role:||Mechanic (Bristol Bicycles builds)|
|Hours:||Full-time (but we will consider part-time applications from exceptionally strong candidates).|
|Place of Work:||Jake’s Bikes, 6A Haymarket Walk, Bristol BS1 3LN (between the Bear Pit roundabout and the Bus Station)|
|Contract:||Permanent (subject to successful 3-month probationary review)|
|Daily Duties:||Building Bristol Bicycles to order; servicing and repairing customers’ bikes; liaising with and serving customers; ordering Bristol Bicycles stock.|
|Wage:||£9.00 per hour, plus profit share bonus scheme worth up to £1,500 per year|
|Benefits:||– Statutory Pension Scheme.|
– 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year pro rata.
– A free Bristol Bicycles hybrid of your own when you pass the probationary 3-month period (or the equivalent money towards a different Bristol Bicycles model).
– Access to a new bike on the cycle scheme, with no £1,000 limit.
- Minimum of 2 years full-time experience (or equivalent) as a professional bike mechanic
- Pragmatic – happy to work on all kinds of bikes, happy to learn new ways of working
- Attention to detail
- Flexible, able to multi-task, and a fast worker
- Customer service experience with good communication skills
- Friendly, helpful, positive manner
Please send CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: end of 31st October 2019
Start date: as soon as possible.